Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stolen lentil burgers

So virus infected computers make it really hard to blog. Actually, without a computer I barely can remember how to pay bills or renew books at the library. And still, I am waiting for computer help. But I can't complain when the help will be free. And I have great friends, friends who help me by letting me use their computer all day while they are at work. I am in the process of researching high fructose corn syrup. There's a lot of hype about this syrup, but I don't know what to believe, what to reject. So I am researching and that will be my next big post. Until then, here's a follow-up to my bean post. I made lentil burgers last night. They were yummy, simple, and cheap. And my pickiest child loved them (with ketchup). And because they are a bit bland, I added lemon zest to the mix, next time I will add lemon zest and cilantro. And maybe, if I am organized, I'll make a yogurt, dill, cucumber sauce to serve with them. I mostly used this recipe from the newly discovered 101 Cookbooks. I like this site, it's full of great recipes I suspect (I've only tried one and read many others). And even though she said to use black lentils, my grocery store only sold green/brown colored lentils. They worked fine. I doubled the recipe and have been giving cold lentil patties to the girls for lunch!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to Slllooowly add these in so emma won't wretch and cry. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey laura - i made this last night and stephen ate it! i can't say it was amazing but it was certainly easy and frugal. i even gave abby a few bites (yes, with honey in it ... i know i know, she's almost 1)

    http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2009/03/sweet-and-sour-lentils.html

    i had celery and carrots on the side

    ReplyDelete